High blood pressure, also known as hypertension is a condition that affects many people and poses a serious health risk if it is not addressed. Blood pressure is measured in two ways. The first is the force at which the heart pumps blood around the body and the second is the resistance of the blood flow in the blood vessels. High blood pressure can lead to a number of health issues such as kidney disease, heart failure, strokes and heart attacks.
KNOWN TREATMENT METHODS
- Reduce salt intake in your food
- Cut down smoking
- Have regular sleeping patterns at least 6 hours every night
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Cut down alcohol consumption
- Taking strong medication that has side effects such nausea, constipation, swelling etc
HOW CUPPING CAN HELP BLOOD PRESSURE
- Regulates the level of sodium and potassium in your blood (Sodium can raise blood pressure and Potassium can help reduce it)
- Cupping therapy works to draw out the thick and stagnant blood so that pure light blood can circulate more freely
- Studies have shown that a high salt intake has the affect of raising your blood pressure levels. At the same time, potassium is known to have an inverse reaction to hypertension. In other words, potassium can work to lower your blood pressure because it controls the normal functioning of your cells, the amount of fluids and also the electrolyte and acid levels in your body. The cupping sessions that you take can regulate the amount of sodium and potassium in your blood. As the levels stabilise to optimum amounts, your hypertension levels improve. You can also lower your chances of getting a stroke
- By taking cupping sessions, you can lower the total cholesterol and improve the ratios of LDL and HDL. The treatment raises HDL levels or the good cholesterol and lowers the LDL and triglycerides. You will also find that your lipid profile is improving.