Cholesterol is a fatty substance also known as a lipid. Cholesterol is vital for the human body to function properly. It’s mainly made by the liver and can also be found in some foods. It is important to maintain a balanced cholesterol level. Too much cholesterol can lead to a number of health issues such as, narrowing of the arteries, heart attacks, strokes, transient ischaemic attack (mini stoke) and Peripheral Heart Disease (PAD). Cholesterol narrows the blood vessels and this can cause restricted blood flow to the heart and brain and lead to clots elsewhere in the body.
KNOWN TREATMENT METHODS
- Healthy balanced diet
- Taking medication such as statins, these often have unpleasant side effects such as headaches, upset stomach and feeling sick, nose bleeds, diarrhoea etc.
- Give up smoking
- Regular Exercise
HOW CUPPING CAN HELP
- Cupping can reduce cholesterol levels dramatically. 400ml of blood drained during cupping can reduce Triglyceride levels of 500 mg/dl down to 200 mg/dl
- Promotes healthy blood circulation
- Removal of toxins can improve the capacity of blood vessels
- Improves the health of the liver which is essential for producing lipids naturally
- Reduced need to take statins
- Improves overall health