Arthritis can come in many forms such as gout, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It affects up to 10 million people in the UK of all ages. Arthritis is basically the inflammation of the joints. This inflammation can be very painful and has a massive impact on everyday life for those who suffer from it as it can restrict movements of the joints.
KNOWN TREATMENT METHODS
- Strong medication that often has side effects such as hair loss, diarrhoea, high temperatures etc.
- Dietary control
- Exercising is recommended but in moderation as exercising can cause pain and discomfort to the affected area
- Taking corticosteroids
- Taking strong analgesics
HOW CUPPING CAN HELP
- Reduces inflammation around the affected area
- Reduces swelling
- Removes toxins and decreases uric acid levels (high uric acid is the main cause of gout)
- No side effects, such as those of strong medication
- Improves blood circulation which can aid in joint movement
- Improves lymph production and circulation